Sunday, November 11, 2007

Voicemail Messages


I listened to my voicemail today, and these were some of the messages I had saved. I decided I needed to put them on my blog, with my interpretations right below. Whenever I'm feeling down, I must remember that although I no longer matter to one measly person, I matter so much to so many others, and THAT'S what really matters most.

_________________________________________________



“Hi, it’s Jane from the psychology department. I’m just calling per Dr. Thompson’s request; we want to make sure you are coming to the awards and hooding ceremony tomorrow night because you are going to be receiving an award. Please call us back.”

I’m worthy. I’m not stupid; I’m smart. I’m receiving the department award!

“It’s Sarah; I’m trying to get hold of you…”

Wow, she’s thinking of me. I matter.

“Hey, it’s Yoseph. I’m just calling to say hello, see how you’re doing…”

So nice; he cares.

“Hi, it’s Andrea. I’m so worried about you and I miss you. I’ve been thinking about you a lot but I don’t want to call every second because I know you’re going through so much and I want to give you some space. Just know I’m thinking of you and please call me because I want to get together. Hope you’re okay.”

She cares so much. I mean something to her. What a loyal friend.

“Giiiirl!!! You better call me, it’s crazy what’s going on with you!! I’m on my way to school, but I’m waiting for your call. You have me worried. Talk to you soon.”

What a solid friend. She is waiting for my call; she needs to know I’m okay. She cares so much!

“It’s Devora. I’m just calling to say hello; I’m thinking of you. You don’t have to call me back, just know I’m here for you.”

Wow, she doesn’t even need me to call her; she’s just letting me know I am in her thoughts. How special.

“You can’t send me a text message like that and not answer when I call. Please; listen to this message. Call me back. Don’t do this to me. Don’t do this to you.”

Reminds me of a time when I was hurting so badly, way at the beginning, and I wondered what the purpose was for living. ‘Why is this life worth living?’ I’d wonder. This message reminds me that so many people care for me, and that I am so much better off now than I was back then. I’m so lucky.

“It’s Dr. Stone. I am concerned about you and want to make sure you are doing okay. Please call me so we can catch up.

I’m so lucky. Even my professor cares and wants to make sure I’m okay. How many professors in college call their students like that? Why would I ever think I’m not worth anything? Look how much I am worth…
____________________________________________________
These are just a few of the people who care for me. I am fortunate to have such loyal family and friends. Most importantly, they know me for me; nothing anyone else says will matter. “Whoever knows you,” they say, “loves you.”

4 comments:

halfshared said...

You are so very lucky to have so many people supporting you at this horrible time. As they say, Oiy Chavrusa, Oiy Misusa..without friends, it would be hard to go on living.

Scraps said...

Wow. A lot of people care a lot about you! That says something, doesn't it? :)

Anonymous said...

You wrote how you wish that there was a magic pill to take away your pain. I'm sure what you are going through is agony but what i can say from my painful experiences is that although difficult to go through i came out the all the stronger and learnt so much about myself that now looking back and i see the changes it made in me i would not have taken a pill. So take heart, stay strong and remeber that Hashem is putting you through this for a good reason although it is unfathomable now.

the dreamer said...

wow.