Sunday, November 4, 2007

GIVE IT BACK!


G-d gave me a gift…
I’ve been using it for years.
From the time I was seven,
It’s been a way for me to switch gears.

For you see, when my hands hit the keys,
I entered a new place
I escaped from a scary world,
With such smiles on my face.

My hands would take over;
My heart would beat fast
So grateful; look what I can do!
Always, was there room to surpass…

Then we married,
I moved away,
No longer on those precious keys
Were my hands able to play.

I begged for years,
I needed it in my life
“Please” I would beg,
It was the only thing to get me through strife.

Then, it finally happened
On my graduation day;
I walked into the house…
“Happy graduation” I heard you say.

I burst into tears,
Into your arms I fell;
I grabbed you so tight,
My feelings began to swell.

But now. Look what you did.
You took it away, just to hurt.
You didn’t even care
How much torment you’d exert.

I WANT IT BACK.
Why won’t you give it to me?
Wasn’t it a gift?
For completing my degree?

I WANT IT BACK.
All you are is cruel
You knew what would get to me.
…you’re asking for this duel.

8 comments:

the dreamer said...

ouch.

Scraps said...

It really, really hurts when someone takes something precious of yours just to be vindictive. I hope you get it back.

halfshared said...

WHAT IS GOING ON? I think you mean that someone gave you a piano and is now taking it away?? So sad..what a wonderful talent. You deserve goodness..I'm so sorry for your hurt.

Floating Reflections said...

:'( sorry to hear you are in pain.

psyched said...

dreamer - good way to put it.

scraps - yes, it definitely does. Thank you; I hope I get it back too..

halfshared - you hit it on the nail.... thank you so much - you deserve goodness too!!!

behind a smile - thanks, me too :(

corner point said...

Wow...that must be terribly difficult... :-(

What a situation...lugging in a huge piano and then shlepping it back out again. Why couldn't they just have the good grace to leave it...?

David_on_the_Lake said...

That is cruel...to take away something..that is so much more than just an item of matter..but a vehicle for music...which is so meaningful to you..
I hope it turns out well..

Anonymous said...

:-( Horrible, horrible, horrible...