Thursday, August 21, 2008

Never Say Never

"No matter what," she said, "No one will ever love you like me."

"I'll never hurt you," he said.

"I'll never leave you," he said.

"We'll always help you," they said.

"You know we love you," they said.

"We'll never forget about you," they said.

"We'll never stop being there," they said.


But they were wrong. My ex-husband hurt me. He left me. My friends and family didn't always help. My ex-husband's family didn't love me. My friends forgot about me. They stopped being there.

She was the only one who kept her word. She told me this before I got married. I was infatuated with my ex-husband and I didn't believe her. But she was right. No one will ever love me like her.

That person is my mother.

3 comments:

halfshared said...

Mothers are the best! I've seen it time and time again.

LittleBirdies said...

A parent's love in unconditioinal and infinite. It doesn't suprise me that she kept to her word.

the dreamer said...

thank G-d for mothers...