Sunday, March 30, 2008

I'm Not Brave, I Just Don't Have A Choice

Thrust into a world unknown,
I embrace is with only half a heart.
I am happier with my new life,
Yet it was hard to leave the old and just depart.

Everything taken away from me,
The things left are ‘the ones that matter’
How I wish I could believe that,
How I wish the others didn’t scatter.

I want to forget the bad times
I want to move on and make the smiles real,
It’s such a long process ahead
Can’t I just snap my fingers and heal?

Lost so much, moved so many times,
Which place is home?
I thought I had it all,
Now I am just…alone.

Moving again, a new state
New job, new home, new life….
I hate change. I hate this.
I want to be somebody’s wife.

Brave, you say? Not quite.
“Not even close,” says a voice.
Moving from one place to another?
Big deal – I just don’t have a choice.

The voice is mine, of course.
Who else would it be?
I’m just doing what I have to.
You don’t agree?

I want to be happy,
I want to be free.
I just HAVE to do this…
Don’t you see?

I'm not brave -- I'm scared.
There, I said it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I still stand behind my statement :-P Doing what you have to IS brave. Walking through your fears is precisely what courage is, and courage and bravery are essentially the same thing.

Hatzlacha rabba to you...may all those smiles be real very soon, may you be someone's HAPPY wife very soon, and may you continue to be the brave woman you have proven to be. [Sorry, I said it too.]

LittleBirdies said...

But the fact that you can get up and do all you need to do, just proves that you are brave and strong. Being brave doesn't mean you can't be scared, it's more doing what you feel you need to despite the fears.

Scraps said...

Why does being scared preclude being brave?

"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear." - Mark Twain

Hatzlacha rabba to you in EVERYTHING!