Monday, October 8, 2007

Well, Which Is It?

Throughout my life I've toyed with this phrase -- is it a crisis, or is it a challenge? Does it depend on the situation? The circumstances? The person? The environment? One's background? One's temperament? Or solely one's attitude?

Within the last year, especially, I have been faced with many crises.. or should I say challenges? I had two choices; stay afloat, or sink. I opted for choice #1. While at times I was sure I would sink, I didn't.

I created this blog for the purpose of analyzing these issues. Let it be a place to vent, laugh, cry, get inspired, you name it. I'll share stories and feel free to share your own.

Bottom line is, we don't know what life brings our way. What matters is how we perceive things. I often have trouble thinking challenge, rather than crisis... but maybe this blog will help. After all, it's all in the attitude.

3 comments:

Bas~Melech said...

Nice new blog.

Good luck with your challenges. From your posts on the other blog, you seem really strong and I admire you for it.

psyched said...

Wow, thank you! Sometimes I don't think I'm so strong. It takes a lot of effort, that's for sure....

halfshared said...

Good luck with your challenges. Good for you that you didn't chose the latter. The world is full of nisyonos. Every person has challenges to help them grow, to be mechaper on aveiros or to bring them to something that will end up being even better for them. Sometimes I feel like just giving up but then I remind myself that I am here for a reason and that is to better myself and grow..Hugs